This is a Brazilian style prawn curry from the state of Bahia. The curry gets its flavours from palm oil which is used for this preparation along with coconut milk. You have to try it out for it's unique flavour.
Prawns ... 250 gms
Lemon juice .. 1 tbsp
Parsley ...... handful (chopped finely)
Salt ..... to taste
Black pepper... 1/2 tsp
Oil ..... 1 tbsp
Palm oil / oleo de dende .... 1 tbsp
Tomatoes .... 1 (cut into small pieces)
Coconut milk ... 3-4 tbsps
1. Clean the prawns and de-vein them.
2. Marinate the prawns with lemon juice,black pepper, salt and parsley.
3. In a pan heat the cooking oil and add the marinated prawns and cook for a 4-5 minutes.
4. Now add the tomatoes and simmer.
5. When they are almost done, stir in the palm oil and cook for a minute.
6. Finally add the coconut milk and simmer for a minute until done.
Serve with plain rice.
Recipe Source : Tudo Gostoso