This is a Brazilian style prawn curry from the state of Bahia. The curry gets its flavours from palm oil which is used for this preparation along with coconut milk. You have to try it out for it's unique flavour.
Prawns ... 250 gms
Lemon juice .. 1 tbsp
Parsley ...... handful (chopped finely)
Salt ..... to taste
Black pepper... 1/2 tsp
Oil ..... 1 tbsp
Palm oil / oleo de dende .... 1 tbsp
Tomatoes .... 1 (cut into small pieces)
Coconut milk ... 3-4 tbsps
1. Clean the prawns and de-vein them.
2. Marinate the prawns with lemon juice,black pepper, salt and parsley.
3. In a pan heat the cooking oil and add the marinated prawns and cook for a 4-5 minutes.
4. Now add the tomatoes and simmer.
5. When they are almost done, stir in the palm oil and cook for a minute.
6. Finally add the coconut milk and simmer for a minute until done.
Serve with plain rice.
Recipe Source : Tudo Gostoso
Wow! Prawn curry looks super-yummy and awesome! Pass me some! :)ReplyDelete
Most welcome RitaDelete
delicious tasting curry.ReplyDelete
Omg, wat a fantastic curry,seriously quite a new dish for me.ReplyDelete
Delicious prawn curry, perfect meal.ReplyDelete
the moment i read prawn, i started drooling for this cant read furtherReplyDelete
Lol.. Arthy prawns are my favourite tooDelete
mostly i go for curries n gravy.dis is vhout hot spices.so,def vl go in my kicthen.yummy luking reallyReplyDelete
Thanks Usha Rani.. make and enjoyDelete
CAn go def in kitchen bcz this vthout any hot spices...nicely doneReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete