Soya chunks or granules are very nutritious with a protein content equal to that of meat. Soya is easy to cook, easily available and can be substituted by vegetarians to prepare traditional meat dishes.
Soya granules ... 1/2 cup
Onions ............ 1 big (chopped finely)
Tomato ............ 1 (chopped)
Green chillies .. 1-2 (chopped)
Ginger paste ... 1 tsp
Garlic paste .... 1 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1 tsp
Cumin powder ........ 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Yogurt .................. 3-4 tbsp
Salt .................... to taste
1. Soak the soya granules for at least 1 hour.
2. In a pressure cooker, heat oil and saute the ginger garlic paste. Add the chopped onions and fry until light brown.
3. Now add the tomatoes, green chilies and the drained soya granules.
4. Saute until the water dries up. Add salt and dry spice powders and a little water and keep stirring. Continue to bhuno this way until you get a nice brown colour.
5. Beat the yogurt and mix into the keema. Add half or 3/4 cup water ( according to the consistency you require) and close the cooker. Cook for 3-4 whistles. If you are not using a pressure cooker, then add more water and simmer to cook until done.
6. Garnish and serve. For variation you can even add green peas.
Serve with rotis.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Soya Nuggets Curry with Coconut (Kerala Style)
cute pictures and healthy kheema.ReplyDelete
Thanks Shobha for all the healthy dishes you are linking up. My url has changed dear. For your future entries please use the new annoucnement url. I love soya and the side dish looks yummy. Nice pictorial.ReplyDelete
Event: Side Dishes
Pl dear.. will do that., and thanks for liking the dishDelete
A very healthy and delicious side dish...looks yumReplyDelete
Delicious and healthy curry for chapathis I have to try with soya chunks.ReplyDelete
Healthy kheema,simply love it..ReplyDelete
Awesome dish.. thanks for linking..ReplyDelete
Healthy n delicious..I too posted a soy recipe today!ReplyDelete
ONGOING EVENT- "Mint & Coriander seeds" (EP Series-Apr)
Thanks Julie.. will check outDelete
Excellent recipe. Very interesting way of adding soya chunks to your diet :)ReplyDelete
Chef Al dente New monthly series: Meal of the Month! Send in your entries for April now...
Delicious & healthy dish, looks fabulous!ReplyDelete
Nice recipe, will go gr8 with rotisReplyDelete
Spotlight: Summer cooler(http://riappyayan.blogspot.in/2012/05/announcing-this-months-spotlight-summer.html)
Yes dear... thanksDelete
Healthy side dish for roti,nice recipe..ReplyDelete
keema goes well with roti , bread stuffing...nice recipe..ReplyDelete
Ongoing Event:Let's Party - Prasadam / Prashad Special
Nice recipe!!! Great combo!!!ReplyDelete
Thanks for linking it to my event!!!! Looking forward for more yummy recipes!!!
Ongoing Event - Coconut
Ongoing Event - Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids - Combo Meals