This is an aromatic and flavorful rice preparation with vegetables, spices, saffron and yogurt. This is usually served with Raita, mirchi ka salan or baghare baingan.
Rice .... 1 cup
Mixed vegetables .. carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, beans (use any of your choice cut into big pieces about 1 cup )
Onion .... 1 sliced and fried to crispy brown.
Garlic .... 1 tbsp
Ginger .... 1 tsp
Mint leaves .. handful
Coriander leaves .. handful
Green chillies ... 3-4 (slit )
Yogurt ... half cup
Biriyani Masala... 1 tsp
Saffron .. few strands soaked in milk
Cardamoms .. 2-3
Black cardamom ... 1
Bay leaves ...... 2
Cloves ......... 3-4
Cinnamon ... 1 inch piece
Turmeric powder .. 1/8tsp
Salt .... to taste
Kesari colour ... a pinch
Cashews ... few fried lightly for garnishing.
1. In a pan heat oil and add cardamoms and cloves. Add the ginger garlic, green chillies and saute.
2. Now add the vegetables, salt, turmeric. mint and coriander leaves.
3. Saute and sprinkle a little water and simmer to cook until almost done.
4. Mix the biriyani masala with yogurt and stir it with the vegetables and close the gas after one boil.
5. In a larger pan boil 3-4 cups of water with bay leaves and cinnamon. Add salt and few mint leaves.
6. Put the rice and boil until done ( grains should be seperate. Don't over cook the rice)
7. Take 2 tbsps of rice and add the kesari food colour.
8. Now in an oven proof serving dish, layer the rice, vegetables, fried onion, little coloured rice. repeat this until everything is used up.
9. Cover with a foil and place it in the oven for dum.(about 5 minutes on medium temperature)
10. When you are ready to serve, up-turn the dish into a large serving plate.
11. Pour the saffron milk over it and garnish with cashews and orange coloured rice.
I have also tried this. It's yummy , nice preparation..ReplyDelete
Yes, it is very yummy :)Delete
Who will resist to this flavourful dish,the name Hyderabadi itself tempts me a lot.ReplyDelete
True.. evergreen and popular oneDelete
Looks lovely and nicely presented.ReplyDelete
Looks delicious. Love the way you have served it.ReplyDelete
looks delicious and love the serving ideas!!! very beautifully presented!! Thanks for sending this yummy recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...ReplyDelete
Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats
Event - WTML w giveaway
Thanks for liking the dish and platingDelete