This is an easy microwave version sabzi..specially when you are short of time and don't need to stand in front of the gas for cooking.
Bhindi ... 200 gms
Onion .. 1
Tomato .. 1
Cumin seeds .. 1 tsp
Asafoetida ... a pinch
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder .... 1 tsp
Green chillies .... 1-2
Salt ... to taste
Oil ... 2-3 tbsps
1. Wash and cut the bhindi into pieces. Cut the onion, tomato and green chillies.
2. In a microwave safe dish, add the oil and cumin seeds and asafoetida. Microwave it for 1 minute.
3. Remove the dish and add all the vegetables and spices mixed together. Microwave for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the dish and stir it. Again microwave for 5 minutes.
5. Open and check if it is done .. mine as done perfectly in 15 minutes.
Note: The time may vary by a few minutes depending on the quantity of the vegetables.