It is also a good accompaniment with grilled meats.
Carrots .... 2
Mustard seeds .. 1 tsp
Green chillies ... 2 - 3
Garlic ......... 1 tsp (crushed)
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Besan / gram flour .. 1 tbsp (dry roasted)
Salt ...... to taste
Oil ..... 2-3 tbsps
1. Peel and cut the carrots into 1 inch long strips.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
3. When they crackle, add the green chillies, garlic and carrots.
4. Add the salt and turmeric powder and saute.
5. Sprinkle little water for the carrots to cook. (as much as needed)
6. Stir in the dry roasted besan and mix well. Simmer for half a minute.
Tip: Since this vegetable has no spice powders you can increase the chillies if you like it hot.