Radish / Mooli .... 1 large
Sarson ka saag ... 2 cups
Methi leaves ..... handful (optional)
Coriander leaves .. handful
Green chillies ..... 3-4
Cumin seeds .... 1 tbsp
Asafoetida ...... a generous pinch
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder ..... 1 tsp
Salt ...... to taste
Lemon juice.... 1-2 tbsps
Oil / ghee .... 2-3 tbsps ( ghee gives a better taste )
1. Scrape and cut the mooli into small pieces.
2. Wash the greens and chop them finely.
3. In a pan, heat oil / ghee. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
4. When they crackle add the greens and saute.
5. Now tip in the mooli pieces, green chillies, salt, cumin powder and turmeric powder.
6. Saute for a minute. Sprinkle some water and simmer to cook.
7. To finish it squeeze the lemon juice, stir and it is done.
Serve it with Rotis / Theplas / Bhakri / Puris
Pin for later
You may also like:
Sarson Ka Saag