Fish .... 200 gms ( select a variety with center bone)
Onion .... 1 (cut into rings)
Red, green & yellow capsicums / bell peppers - few rings of each
Tomato ..... 1 (cut into rings)
Coriander leaves ... 1/2 cup
Garlic .... 1 tsp
Palm oil (oleo de dende) .. 2-3 tbsps
Coconut milk .... half cup
Vegetable or sea food stock -- 1 cup
Lemon juice -- 2 tbsps
Salt ... to taste
1. Clean and marinate the fish with lemon juice and salt.
2. Take a thick bottomed vessel and pour the palm oil.
3. Spread the onion rings in the bottom and place the fish slices over them.
4. Now place the bell pepper rings and also the tomato rings. Top it with coriander leaves.
5. Add salt, garlic and the stock. Bring to a boil and simmer to cook for 10 minutes.
6. Now stir in the coconut milk carefully and cook further for a few minutes.
Serve with plain rice.