Friends, I was so happy to win this Award in the last Potluck Party of April 10th. It was for being innovative and creating an Indian dish Patra ( Gujrati Snack ) using Brazilian ingredients. I am going to pass on this award to a fellow participant of this month's party.
Cauliflower ... 1
Onions .... 1 cup
Tomato puree .. 1/2 cup
Ginger ..... 1 tsp
Garlic ...... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/2 tsp
Garam masala ...... 1 tsp
Red chillies ... 2
Coriander seeds .. 1 tsp
Cumin seeds ...... 1 tsp
Green cardamoms .. 2-3
Cinnamon ............ small piece
Cashewnuts ........ handful
Fresh cream .... 2-3 tbsps
Grated paneer or khoya .. for garnishing
Oil / ghee
Salt ... to taste
1. Cut away the leaves and the stem part of the cauliflower. Put the entire gobhi into a pot of boiling water with salt added to it. Boil until it is three-fourths done. Drain the water.
2. Dry roast and grind the red chilles, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, green cardamoms, cinnamon and the cashew nuts.
3. Saute the onions with little oil until light pink in colour. Add the ginger garlic paste and a little water to cook. Cool it and grind to a paste.
4. Now tip in the dry roasted and ground spices into the onion paste and grind further to blend them together.
5. In a pan add oil and fry the ground paste adding the salt, tomato puree, garam masalaand turmeric powder.
6. Saute it a little and put the cauliflower into it for cooking. Keep spooning a little gravy on top of it.
7. Stir in a little cream carefully into the gravy when it is almost done.
Garnish with grated paneer or khoya / mawa
Potluck Party Event @ Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey