This can be served as a side dish and it also makes a very healthy snack.I relish it .. It also can be used as a filling in samosas, kachoris, frankies, puffs etc etc..
Sprouted Moong ... 1 cup
Potatoes ......... 1-2
Onions ........... 1
Tomato ......... 1
Green chillies.. 1-2
Ginger ......... 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic ......... 2-3 cloves (crushed)
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida ........... a pinch
Cumin seeds ........ 1 tsp
Amchoor powder .. 1/2 tsp ( I used anardana powder)
Salt ... to taste
Oil .... 1-2 tbsps
Coriander leaves .. for garnishing
How to Sprout Moong:
Soak moong preferably overnight. Wrap them in a wet muslin cloth and keep them in airy place. Keep sprinkling water to keep the cloth wet. Next day you will see the sprouts growing. If you want bigger sprouts you can keep them in the refrigerator (with the muslin cloth) The sprouts will continue to grow.
1.Boil the sprouts with salt, strain and set aside. Do not make them mushy. The water can be used for other curries. Do not throw it away.It is full of nutrients.
2. Boil the potatoes and cut into small cubes.
3. Also cut the onion finely and tomato into cubes.
4. In a pan heat oil and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida. When they crackle, add the onions, garlic, ginger and green chillies.
5. Saute a little and add the tomatoes and the spice powders.
6. Stir in the boiled sprouts and potatoes. Stir to mix.
Garnish with coriander leaves.