Brinjals... 4 big ones
Onions .... 2
Green chilli .... 1-2
Tomato .... 1 big or 2 small
Ginger-garlic paste ... 1tbsp.
Coriander powder ..... 1tsp.
Cumin Powder ..........1tsp
Turmeric powder ...... 1/2 tsp
Garam masala ......... 1 tsp.
Red chilli powder .... 1/2 tsp.
1. Place the brinjals on a wire mesh over the gas burner or in the oven till done.
2. Peel the skin and remove the pulp.
3. Fry the onions till brown. Add the tomato, green chilli and the ginger-garlic paste.cook for a few minutes adding a little water.
4. Now add the brinjal pulp and coriander, cumin and turmeric powders.Add the salt and mix well.Simmer it for 1-2 minutes.
5. In a frying pan heat a tbsp.of ghee or oil,remove from the gas and add the garam masala and the red chilli powder.Mix it with the Baigan bhartha immediately.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Nicely explained recipe...bharta is usuually really difficult to make but the pics help a lot....
PS: I could not find the Dubbagol voting button on this page in order to vote this story up.
Thanks for the appreciation.I am glad you liked it.I learnt it from a Punjabi friend of mine.I took quite sometime to master this recipe and get the right taste.Though the ingredients are so simple .. it has to have a little burning flavour which you get by roasting the brinjals on fire.
Thanks and keep visiting.
Shobha makes the most amazing dishes. Even simple dishes taste different with her. I have tasted this preparation as many many more. Am not too much of a vegetarian. But, with her touch, all dishes taste great. Her Baigan ka bharta is just too good! Try out the recipe...which is lucidly explained. Difficult to keep up with the original, though.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the compliment Pritam..Delete
I tried this dish at home for the 1st time and oh my god, I couldnt resist until the end to taste it.... I basically love eggplant and dis recipe s just awesome:-) thanks..
I am so glad you made and loved it.. Thanks dear :)Delete
hey nicely explained...thx 4 sharing this amazing recepie...My hubby has bcum gr8 fan of me coz of bhaingan bhartha...Well d credit goes to u..thx againReplyDelete
Thanks Priya..I am glad ur hubby liked it....we really feel happy isn't it...when our dear hubbies enjoy and relish the food we prepare.Delete
Nice one. A different version is prepared by me.ReplyDelete
Thanks.. would love to know your version too :)Delete
Yummy.. Loved your version of baingan ka bhartha Shobha.. Perfect with roti :-)ReplyDelete
So glad to know you liked my version of BharthaDelete
nicely prepared ,,ReplyDelete