Tohan Mosdeng is a tribal style chicken salad from Tripura. It is like onion kachumber with the addition of chicken and is very spicy. The charred green chillies give this salad the rustic smoky flavour. It can be had as a side dish with meals or even as a filling for the sandwiches, wraps or kathi rolls.
This recipe is part of the "Shhhhhh Cooking Secretly" challenge. We get 2 secret ingredients from our partner each month and we cook the dish of the chosen theme. My partner of the month is Renu Agarwal Dongre. She gave me "Onion" and "Green Chiliies"
Renu Blogs at "Cook with Renu" . Do visit her space and check out her delicious recipes. The 2 secret ingredients that I gave her are "Red Chillies" and "Garlic". She made a spicy and delicious Tomato Chutney .. Check it out HERE
Chicken ... 200 gms
Onion ....... 1 (sliced)
Green chillies ..5-6
Ginger ........... 1 " piece
Garlic .......... 3-4 cloves (crushed)
Coriander leaves .... 1 cup
Salt ..................... to taste
Oil .................... 2 tbsps (to fry the chicken)
1. Marinate the chicken fillet with salt and garlic.
2. Heat oil and pan fry the chicken until done. You can also grill it instead.
3. In a metal colander char the green chillies on the gas flame.
4. Crush them along with the ginger in a pestle and mortar.
5. Shred the chicken into thin strips.
6. Wash the coriander leaves and chop them.
7. Slice the onion.
8. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl crushing them nicely with your hand. This brings out all the flavours.
9. Enjoy the chicken salad.
You can also see the detailed video of this recipe: