During my last visit to India my niece had made this delicious aloo dish...The gravy of this curry is so flavourful.... perfect with puris or rotis. I have used baby potatoes but you can make with big ones too (cut them into cubes).
Baby potatoes .. 200 gms
Green chillies ... 2-3
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Yogurt .......... 2-3 tbsps
Coconut ....... 1/2 cup (grated)
Salt ......... to taste
Oil ....... 2-3 tbsps
Dry roast and grind:
Sesame seeds .... 3 tbsps
Peanuts ........... 3 tbsps
Cumin seeds ..... 1 tsp
Cloves ......... 3-4
Green cardamoms .. 3-4
* (after grinding them to a powder, add the grated coconut and green chillies. Add some water and grind them together to a smooth paste)
1. Parboil the baby potatoes. Peel and set aside.
2. In a pan heat the oil and Add the masala paste.*
3. Add the salt and turmeric powder and keep stirring so that the masala does not stick to the pan.
4. Blend the yogurt with water ( as much gravy you want to have) and add to the masala.
5. Tip in the potatoes and stir carefully. Bring to a boil and simmer until done. As the potatoes are half boiled they take only a few minutes to cook.