Rice ....... 1 cup
Mint chutney .. 1/4 cup
Mixed vegetables .. 1 cup
Cloves .... 2-3
Cinnamon stick .. 1/2 inch piece
Cumin seeds / caraway seeds .. 1 tsp
Salt ........ to taste
Oil / Ghee
1. Wash and soak the rice.
2. In a pan heat ghee or oil and add the cloves, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds.
3. When they crackle, add the onion and saute. Add the chopped vegetables, salt and saute.Simmer to cook until almost done.
4. In a pan heat a little oil and fry the rice.Add salt and sufficient water to cook.
5. Bring to a boil and when half done, simmer it until almost done.
6. Now add the vegetables and stir carefully.
7. Keep it on low fire for dum ( Place a tawa and keep the pot on it with the lid covered tightly)
Serve with raita / papad.