Urad dal .... 1 cup
Rice ........... 3 cups
Methi seeds .... 1 tsp.
Baking soda ... a pinch
Salt ... to taste
1. Soak dal and rice separately for at least 5-6 hours.Add methi seeds while soaking.
2. Grind them separately adding enough water to a smooth batter. Mix them well, adding salt and leave to ferment preferably over night.
3. Just before making dosas mix the baking soda. Spread a ladle full of batter on a hot griddle and make dosas.
4. Sprinkle a little podi and spread a little masala on each dosa. Apply a little ghee or oil to make it crisp.
Onions ... 2
Green chillies ... 2-3
Ginger ....... 1 tsp. grated
Curry leaves ... a sprig
Coriander leaves ... handful
mustard seeds... 1 tsp.Cumin seeds ... 1 tsp.
Asafoetida ...... a pinch
Salt .... to taste
1. Boil and peel the potatoes. Cut into cubes.
2. Slice the onions and green chillies.
4. Now put the potatoes, salt and turmeric. Mix and sprinkle a little water and simmer until done. Break/mash the potatoes a bit while stirring to blend with the onion masala.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
See recipe HERE
You made me hungry with the my fav Masala Dosa..Fabulous one ..ReplyDelete
yummy looking dosa delicious flavoursReplyDelete
All time favorite..ReplyDelete
wow! I feel hungry now !!! my fav masla dosa...looks perfect !ReplyDelete
Thanks a lotDelete
yummy and crispy dosa!ReplyDelete
Pass me that crispy masala dosa and chutney, truly tempting and makes me hungry..ReplyDelete
Welcome to have itDelete
Truly invinting dosai.ReplyDelete
my favorite dosa. you have made me very hungry Shobha.ReplyDelete
Awwe... come over RadhikaDelete
MY fav lovely. Send me some for today's brk fast.ReplyDelete
Love masala dosa and i love your leaf plate too :-)ReplyDelete
I love masala dosa .. I need to make it sometime soon.ReplyDelete
Thanks .. me tooDelete
Your pic of masala dosa with chutney really made me hungry..ReplyDelete
Event: Serve It-Chilled
Oh dear .. must make it nowDelete
Its like u read my mind...I've been craving for some masala dosa lately. I donno, no matter how carefully i try to prepare the dosa very thin, it still turns out slightly thick, so I never get that crunchy dosa...ReplyDelete
I guess I'll just eat it from some restaurant first to satisfy my craving and then definitely try out your steps :-)
Please try this recipe .. maybe this time you will get it rightDelete
this is such a descriptive and elaborate recipe. KU the good workReplyDelete
This is my favourite! You gave me a craving right now ;)ReplyDelete
Make it today TeenaDelete
doa looks yummy!ReplyDelete
all time favourite breakfastReplyDelete
Same here. I eat it for brunchDelete
They look amazing!!! Thanks for linking it to my event!! Please add the link to Nithu's page also!!ReplyDelete
Looking for more yummy entries!!
Ongoing Event - Coconut
Ongoing Event - Healthy Foods for Healthy Kids - Combo Meals
Thanks .. will doDelete
craving for it right now :) love love masala dosa..looks so tempting ! Thnx for linking :)ReplyDelete
yummy and perfect breakfastReplyDelete