This is a very light and healthy soup made with corn and moringa leaves. Very few ingredients are added to flavour it. It is perfect for brunch on Mondays after a heavy indulgence during the weekends.
If you wish to make it spicier you can add some Masala Magic spice mix to it which is available in small sachets. You may also use basil or any other herbs for flavouring.
Frozen corn kernels .............. 1 cup
Moringa leaves .................... handful
Corn starch ....................... 2 tsps
Crushed black pepper ...... 2 -3 pinches
Roasted cumin powder ..... 2-3 pinches
Salt .................................. to taste
1. Grind the corn with 1 cup of water to a slightly coarser texture.
2. In a pot take 1 cup of water and add moringa leaves and little salt.
3. Boil for few minutes.
4. Add the ground corn paste to it.
5. Keep stirring intermittently.
6. Now dilute the corn starch with water and add it to the soup.
7. Add salt to taste and one pinch of black pepper saving the rest for garnishing.
8. Check salt and adjust the consistency of the soup to your liking.
9. Serve it into individual bowls and sprinkle little black pepper and cumin powder on top.
10. You can enjoy it with some toasted bread / cheese toast / bread sticks
Check out the video
About the group:
Shhhhh Cooking Secretly is a monthly challenge in a facebook group where we are paired with a different partner every month. Two secret ingredients are chosen by each partner for the other one and we prepare any dish with those ingredients based on the selected theme of the month which was Healthy Recipes
This month I am paired with Sujata Roy who gave me the secret ingredients - Moringa leaves and Black Pepper. I made this light soup using them.
My ingredients for her were Cardamoms and Star anise and she made a healthy pulao with Kodo Millets. It is a recipe worth trying. Do check it out.