Here is a delicious recipe of Khumb Kabab or Mushroom Kabab. It is a non spicy recipe and kids are sure going to love it. It is also perfect for those people who avoid lot of spices due to health reasons. This is a great party snack as well and really tastes like a non veg kabab. You can use any variety of mushrooms available. If you wish to add spices you can go ahead and do that.
Mushrooms .... 200 or 250 gms
Onions ......... 1 cup (finely chopped)
Oats .............. 3/4 cup
Milk ................. 150 ml
Crushed black pepper ..... 1 tsp
Salt ......................... to taste
Mint leaves ............ handful
Coriander leaves .... handful
Green chillies .......... 2
Oil ........................... 4 tbsps
1. Wash the mushrooms well and pat them dry with a kitchen cloth.
2. Mince them in a chopper. (Do this just before adding them to the pan to avoid discolouration)
3. Dry roast the oats and set them aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsps oil in a pan and saute the onions until translucent.
5. Add minced mushrooms and stir fry until the moisture is dried up.
6. Now tip in the oats and mix them well with the onion mushroom mixture.
7. Add the milk and cook on medium flame stirring it until the oats are cooked.
8. Season with salt and crushed pepper.
9. Add the finely chopped coriander and mint leaves and the green chillies.
10. Saute until golden brown.
11. Remove the mixture and cool it.
12. Make the kababs.
13. Pan fry them with 2 tbsps of oil until done flipping the sides carefully.
14. Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Watch the recipe video
Pin for later
About the group:
Shhhhh Cooking Secretly is a monthly challenge in a facebook group where we are paired with a different partner every month. Two secret ingredients are chosen by each partner for the other one and we prepare any dish with those ingredients based on the selected theme of the month which was "Kababs" suggested by Sujata Roy. Her Kaju Curry without onion and garlic is worth trying.
My partner of the month was Priya Iyer who gave me CORIANDER LEAVES and MILK as my 2 secret ingredients and I made these delicious KHUMB KABABS. Check out her recipe of MAKAI KABABS which she made with the secret ingredients that I chose for her ( KASOORI METHI and GARAM MASALA )