This is a simple sabzi which can be made in many ways adding different ingredients for variation. This combo is the most preferred one. Aloo and matar are two versatile vegetables which can also be added to any curry.
Potatoes ... 2-3 (cut into cubes or use baby potatoes)
Green peas .. 1 cup (fresh or frozen)
Onion ...... 1 (chopped Finely)
Tomato ... 1 (or use 1/4 cup puree )
Green chillies .. 1-2
Ginger ........ 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic ......... 1 tsp (crushed)
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp (add more if you like it spicy)
Almond or cashew paste ( 1-2 tbsps)
Salt ........ to taste
Oil .... 2-3 tbsps
Coriander leaves ..handful
1. In a pan heat oil and saute the onion until golden brown.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, tomato, green chillies and simmer until tomato is cooked.
3. Tip in the potatoes and green peas with all the spice powders and salt.
4. Saute and add enough water to cook.
5. Add the almond and cashew paste when almost done. Give it a boil or two. Keep the gravy as per your preference.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves.(add half while cooking)
Can be served with rotis / pulaos.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Kashmiri Dum Aloo
ahaa another one of the diff version of aloo matarReplyDelete
hmm using almond or cashew paste is good idea next time wud try ur way hehe
thanks for linking
Awesome and comforting recipe Shobha.. Perfect with hot rotis :-)ReplyDelete
Thank u NiluDelete
I love this curry . Adding cashew es and almonds is a good idea. Nice.ReplyDelete
Hey dear I want to try some Sindhi recipes . Can I try from your space and post them with a link back to your blog.
Thanks for likingDelete
Aaloo matar looks really yumm yumm...ReplyDelete
very delicious and so perfect with roti or rice... Thanks for sending this yummy recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...ReplyDelete
Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats
Event - WTML w giveaway
yes, goes well with anything.. thanksDelete