Carrots ....... 1/2 Kg
Milk ............. 2 cups
Sugar ........... 1 cup
Ghee ............2 tbsp.
Cardamom Powder ... 1/2 tsp.
Almonds & Pistachios (for garnishing)
Milk powder - 3 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 th tsp
Lime Juice or Vinegar
Method: (to make mawa)
1. Mix 2 cups milk powder with 1 and 1/2 cups water and make paneer (cottage cheese) using vinegar or lime juice.
2. Drain and allow it to cool.
3. In a bowl, mix lightly :
1 cup milk powder, the prepared paneer, 1 cup sugar, ghee and cardamom powder.
4. Spread it in a flat dish and microwave it for 3-4 minutes.
(Mawa is ready)
Proceed to make the halwa:
5. Now take a thick bottomed vessel and put the milk and grated carrots.
6. Cook until the milk is dry, stirring occasionally.
7. Add sugar, ghee and cardamom powder and stir it until the liquid is evaporated and the halwa starts leaving sides.
8. Now add the prepared mawa and mix well.
9.Garnish it with chopped almonds and pistachio nuts.
All time favourite recipe....looks yum...ReplyDelete
Yummy halwa, I love the addition of mawa to it. Makes it more yummy.ReplyDelete
Yes, I like it with mawa tooDelete
Never say no to carrot halwa, delicious!ReplyDelete
Thanks dear for your entry... and halwa looks delicious:)ReplyDelete
Thanks for likingDelete
First time here....ReplyDelete
Halwa looks rich and yummy!!!
Glad to follow u :)
Thanks for the sameDelete
Any time favourite sweet!ReplyDelete
My all time favorite halwa,looks yummy.ReplyDelete
Thats a beautiful and healthy halwa...,ReplyDelete
Looks perfect dear :)ReplyDelete
can I get a bowl of the halwa?? so gorgeous!! Thanks for sending this yummy recipe to my event.. Looking for more yummy recipes...ReplyDelete
Event - Authentic Indian Sweets w giveaway
Event - Kid's delight - Sweet Treats
Event - WTML w giveaway
Sure, why not..Delete
Very beautiful halwa.. healthy dessert after a heavy meal..ReplyDelete