Here is a simple and colourful dessert that kids will love to have.
Milk ......1 & 1/2 litres
Sugar ... 1 cup
Custard powder .....6 tsps
Jelly ... 2 pkts (2 different flavours)
Mixed fruits ... 2 cans
Sponge cake. ....1
Ingredients for egg-less Sponge cake:
Flour ..... 100 gms
Condensed milk ... 130 gms.
Margarine or butter.. 30 gms
Baking soda ......1/4 tsp.
Baking powder .. 1 tsp.
Milk ........ 50 ml.
1. Beat butter and condensed milk (1 minute).
2. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and beat (2 minutes).
3. Add milk and beat (1 minute).
4. Pour in a greased 7 inch tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
5. Make the jelly and set it in the refrigerator. Add less water than the recipe requires because the jelly should be firm.
6. Boil the milk adding sugar. Mix the custard powder in a small bowl with a little milk and stir it into the boiling milk. Keep stirring with a whisk to avoid lumps.
7. Now in a serving dish place the cake slices on the bottom and pour custard over it.
8.Put the fruits and jelly pieces. Serve chilled.
Looks so colorful !! Love it !!ReplyDelete
wow...dish looks absolutely yummm !!!!!!!!surely got to try ! Check out my recipes too at http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/ and let me know your valuable comments !ReplyDelete
Thanks dear.. will surely check outDelete
Nice to see a recipe for a gee-less sponge :-)ReplyDelete
Lovely Recipe. Thanks for participating in Desserts Event. Round Up ready at http://suvidhaskitchen.blogspot.com/ReplyDelete
happy v day
All time favourite dessert, colourful and yummy! Thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)ReplyDelete
yummy and colorful.ReplyDelete