One more flavourful and healthy dish with spinach / palak gravy. Make any koftas and add to the gravy.
For the Koftas :
Potatoes ... 3-4
Bread crumbs .. 2-3 tbsps
Garam masala .. 1/2 tsp
Green chillies ... 1-2 (finely chopped)
Amchoor powder or anardana powder ... 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil ... to deep fry
1. Boil the potatoes. Peel and mash them
2. Add all the mentioned ingredients and make koftas (round or oblong).
3. Deep fry them and set aside.
For the gravy:
Palak .... 1 big bunch
Garlic .... 1 tsp .. (crushed)
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Cumin powder .... 1 tsp
Cream ........ 1-2 tbsps
Oil / ghee .... for tempering.
1. Wash the palak leaves and blanch them adding a little salt and make a puree.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add garlic. Saute and add the green chillies and palak puree and the mentioned spice powders.
3. Add a little salt and cream. Bring to a boil and the gravy is ready.
When you are ready to serve, add the koftas. Alternately you can place the koftas in the plate spoon the hot gravy on top.