Brinjals / eggplants ... 8-10 (baby brinjals )
Potatoes ............. 1 large
Onion .... 1 small
Boiled onion paste ... 2 tbsps
Tomato puree .. 2 tbsps
Yogurt ............ 1/2 cup
Chettinad masala .... 1 tbsp (see the recipe -HERE )
Garlic ...... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/2 tsp
Salt .... to taste
Oil .... to fry the vegetables and 2 tbsps for cooking.
Corinader leaves .. for garnishing.
Mustard seeds ... 1 tsp
Dry red chillies .. 2-3 broken
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into wedges. Leave them in salt water for a while.
2. Split the baby brinjals into four with or without the stem and put them in the salt water too.
3. Heat oil in a pan anfd fry the potatoes and brinjals separately. Set aside.
4. Make the onion paste by boiling the onion chunks in a little water and then grind them after cooled.
5. Slice the smaller onion (about handful )
6. Now place the cooking pan on the gas and take 2 tbsps oil.
7. When it gets hot add the tempering ingredients. After they crackle, tip in the sliced onion and garlic. Saute for half a minute.
8. Now add the boiled tomato paste and saute for a minute.
9. Add the tomato puree, salt and the spice powders.
10. Finally add the churned / blended yogurt and the fried vegetables.
11. Add 2 cups water (add one cup if you need a dry version )
12. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Note: You can make the curry even without frying the vegetables but this one tastes better.
wow shobha very well prepared this is bookmarked :) amazingly presentedReplyDelete
Wow shobha the curry looks yummy.Really love it.ReplyDelete
Lipsmacking curry, fingerlicking definitely.ReplyDelete
Looks yumm yumm..Very inviting pics too.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the compliment GloriaDelete
one thing more sweety i want to mention i am hosting an event this month ... mutton beef and camel meat are in .. glad if you participate in that Meat lovers Month bless ya dearReplyDelete
Will check it out and participate dearDelete
Curry looks so tempting. yummy.ReplyDelete
wow! tempting curry..ReplyDelete