Semolina .... 1 cup
Mango pulp... 1 cup
Sugar .......... 3/4 cup ( I use organic sugar, which is less sweeter. you can adjust according to your preference)
Green cardamoms ... 4
Saffron ....... a pinch
Nutmeg powder .. a pinch (optional, I love the flavour)
Ghee/oil .... 1/4 cup
Pistachios and almonds .. chopped (for garnishing)
1. Heat 2-3 tbsps oil/ghee in a pan and saute the semolina for a few minutes on low flame. ( it should remain white) Set aside.
2. Heat 2 more tbsps oil and add the cardamoms. Tip in the mango pulp and saute for a minute.
3. Now add the semolina and mix well. Add 2 cups of water or milk if you prefer. Stir continuously avoiding the lumps. The consistency becomes thicker.
4. Now add the sugar and stir well. Simmer and add a little more ghee at this stage. Stir in the saffron soaked in a little milk. Keep mixing until you get the halwa/sheera consistency. Sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg powder if you like.
5. Remove it in a serving bowl and garnish with nuts.
6. You can also spread it in a greased plate and let it set. Cut into pieces and serve.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Rose Flavoured Sooji Ka Halwa