Urad dal .... 1 cup
Rice ........... 3 cups
Methi seeds .... 1 tsp.
Baking soda ... a pinch
Salt ... to taste
For the topping:
All the toppings should be finely chopped.
(You can have with capsicums, tomatoes, grated carrots, keema, anything you like )
1. Soak dal and rice seperately for at least 5-6 hours.Add methi seeds while soaking.
2. Grind them separately adding enough water to a smooth batter. Mix them well, adding salt and leave to ferment preferably over night.
3. The batter for uttapams should be a little thicker than dosas.
4. Spread the batter on a griddle and sprinkle finely chopped onion, green chillies and coriander leaves.
5. Spoon a little oil or ghee to roast it.(on both sides)
Serve with chutney of your choice.
Click on them to see recipes: