Macaroni ... 1 cup
Onion ...... 1 ( about half cup finely chopped)
Green chillies ... 1-2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Salt .. to taste
Turmeric powder .. 1/8 tsp
Asafoetida .. a pinch
Mustard seeds .. 1 tsp
Cumin seeds .... 1 tsp
Curry leaves ... few
Oil ... 2-3 tbsps
1. Take 3-4 cups of water in a pan. When it starts boiling add salt and 1 tbsp oil to it.
2. Tip in the macaroni and after 2-3 boils switch off the gas and cover the lid.
3. After 12 - 15 minutes open the lid and the macaroni will be puffed up and ready for use. Drain the excess water using a strainer.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients.
5. When they crackle, add the onion, green chillies, turmeric and little salt. Saute.
6. When it is translucent, add the macaroni and mix
7. Add the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot immediately. You can serve it with garlic bread.
Note: You can go ahead and add anything as per your taste, more chillies, ginger, garlic, spices, a squeeze of lime juice.... anything.