Macaroni ... 1 cup
Onion ...... 1 ( about half cup finely chopped)
Green chillies ... 1-2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Salt .. to taste
Turmeric powder .. 1/8 tsp
Asafoetida .. a pinch
Mustard seeds .. 1 tsp
Cumin seeds .... 1 tsp
Curry leaves ... few
Oil ... 2-3 tbsps
1. Take 3-4 cups of water in a pan. When it starts boiling add salt and 1 tbsp oil to it.
2. Tip in the macaroni and after 2-3 boils switch off the gas and cover the lid.
3. After 12 - 15 minutes open the lid and the macaroni will be puffed up and ready for use. Drain the excess water using a strainer.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients.
5. When they crackle, add the onion, green chillies, turmeric and little salt. Saute.
6. When it is translucent, add the macaroni and mix
7. Add the chopped coriander leaves and serve hot immediately. You can serve it with garlic bread.
Note: You can go ahead and add anything as per your taste, more chillies, ginger, garlic, spices, a squeeze of lime juice.... anything.
I am in for any pasta recipe . This sounds yum !!ReplyDelete
creamy rich pastaReplyDelete
new and wonderful touch to macroni.ReplyDelete
desi twist to videsi pasta - love it :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for the complimentDelete
how did i miss this simple unique post of urs :)ReplyDelete
love this simple but tasty dish.ReplyDelete
Thanks a lot LinsyDelete
I love pasta so I am sure this macaroni recipe will be a nice treat. It's always nice once we add our spices to pasta.ReplyDelete
Yes an Indianized version of pasta is always yummyDelete
This is a great alternative to macaroni cheese, looks deliciousReplyDelete
Thanks dear.. some variation is always goodDelete
very useful really good information thanks for posting such a good information it will hepls the people a lot keep it up , Regards, upma recipeReplyDelete
Yum! I love macaroni.ReplyDelete
Same here.. thanksDelete