Zucchini is such a versatile vegetable and can be cooked in many ways.. stir-fried / stuffed / koftas or mixed with other vegetables or lentils. Today I am making it with chana dal, the Sindhi way.
Zucchini ... 3-4 (small ones)
Chana dal ... 1/2 cup
Tomato ... 1
Green chillies ... 1-2
Ginger ... 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic ... 1 tsp (crushed)
Cumin seeds ... 1 tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder .... 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi .... 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves .. handful
Oil ... 2-3 tbsps
1. Soak chana dal for 2 hours.
2. Wash and cut the zucchini with the skin into small cubes.
3. In a pan add the oil and cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
4. Now add the zucchini and tomato along with the spice powders and salt.
5. Drain the water from dal and add it .
6. Put about 1 and half cups water and simmer to cook. Check in between and add more if needed.
7. When almost done sprinkle the kasoori methi and coriander leaves.
Serve with puris or rotis.
Love this yummy and healthy dish.ReplyDelete
Healthy and yummy ....zuchinni with chana dal sounds interestingReplyDelete
Thanks Gloria.. do try it outDelete
This is an innovative way to cook zucchiniReplyDelete
It looks delicious! Healthy recipe too...good one..Shobha..ReplyDelete
This is gonna be one of the dish for tonight.
So sweet of you .. make and enjoyDelete
Yes Julie .. thanksDelete
Healthy and inviting dishReplyDelete
lovely combo healthy meal dearReplyDelete
Yes dear.. thanksDelete