Maida/white flour ........... 2 cups
Fresh yeast ... 1 cube (if using dry yeast-1 tablespoon)
Salt ............ 1 tsp.
Sugar ......... 2 tsp.
Ghee/butter .......... 1 tsp.
Luke warm water for kneading.( you may use milk + water )
For sprinkling on top:
Olive oil. OR ( you can brush with melted butter )
1. Take the flour, make a well in the middle. Put only the sugar and crumble the yeast on top of the sugar.
2. Sprinkle the salt on the side (there should be no contact between the yeast and the salt)
3. Knead the dough using the luke warm water.Add the ghee and knead it well for 2-3 minutes.
4. Cover it and leave it in a warm place till it is risen to double.
(about 15-20 mins. in summer....in winter it takes a little longer)
6. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and dried oregano. Drizzle some olive oil.
7. Set them aside again to rise.