Carrot Rice :
Cooked rice ... 1 cup
Grated carrots .. 1/4 cup
Garlic paste .... 1 tsp
Red chilli sauce .. 1 tsp ( can be substituted with red chilli powder )
Garam masala ... 1/4 tsp
Salt .... to taste
Oil ... 1 tbsp
Carrot, cauliflower and broccoli ( 1/4 cup each - boiled and sauteed with butter)
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the garlic paste. Saute.
2. Tip in the grated carrot and stir fry for a minute until water is dried up.
3. Add salt, garam masala and chilli sauce. Add the rice and stir until mixed.
Cooked rice .... 2 cups
Palak (spinach) .. 1/2 cup (chopped)
Coriander leaves.. handful
Mint leaves........ few
Green chillies ..... 1
Ginger-garlic paste...1 tbsp.
Turmeric powder ..... 1/4 tsp.
Salt to taste
Oil .. 1 tbsp
1. In a sauce pan heat oil and add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
2. Add the green chilli and the greens.
3. Saute for 2 minutes. Add salt and turmeric powder.
4. Tip in the cooked rice and stir to mix.
To assemble the tricoloured rice:
1. Take a flat bottomed bowl / dish. Brush it with oil.
2. First spoon the carrot rice . Spread evenly and press with the back of the spoon.
3. Now use the plain white rice in the middle following the same step.
4. Repeat with the spinach / palak rice on top. Flatten it and press it well.
5. Place a serving plate on the bowl and carefully turn it upside down.
6. You can garnish with orange, green and white vegetables which are boiled and sauteed in butter.
looks delicious & colorful,got a similar one in my draft too..will post soon :)ReplyDelete
Beautiful layers of rice preparation!!! Thanks for your entry in the event :)ReplyDelete
Thank you Shruti :)Delete
Like the idea of trip color rice on the occasion of independence dayReplyDelete
Thank you :)Delete
wonderful presentation Shobha...Beautiful!ReplyDelete
Thanks Rani :)Delete
Layers are soo well set and looking in theme.. Thank you for sharing !!ReplyDelete
Happy Independence day .
Thanks for liking Sandhya :)Delete
Good idea and nice presentation.ReplyDelete
Thanks Nithya :)Delete
awesome...very nice presentationReplyDelete
Interesting dish...Jai hindReplyDelete
Jai Hind !Delete
Delicious and Lovely presentation !ReplyDelete
Thank you PriyaDelete