This is a very simple recipe of kulfi made with milk powder. To make the three different colours you divide it into three portions after it is thick, add the colours and set each layer one after the other. You can even mix thick pulp like mango, sitafal etc.. But since it is Independence day menu I have few drops of orange and green food colours.
Milk powder ... 2 cups
Water ......... 6 cups
Sugar ....... 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder .. 1/4 tsp
1. Mix the milk powder in the water and bring it to a boil.
2. Simmer it and keep stirring until it becomes half the quantity and thick.
3. Add the sugar and cardamom powder when it is three-fouth done.
4. Divide into equal portions and add a few drops of orange and green colour in two of them. Keep one plain for the white layer.
5. Take kulfi moulds and pour the orange layer first and set it in the freezer.
6. Remove the moulds and put the white layer and freeze to set.
7. Finally repeat with the third green layer.
This quantity makes 4 small kulfis. I have used the muffin cups as I did not have the moulds.