Her is a recipe of vegetable cutlets with a little twist. I have used pav bhaji masala for flavoring. It is always enjoyable to bring some changes in the same regular food that we eat. You can also make them in different shapes using cookie cutters for the kids.
Potatoes .... 4-5 large
Mixed vegetables .. 1 cup (I used carrots and green peas)
Oats ....... 1/2 cup
Bread crumbs . 1/4 cup plus some more for coating.
Corn starch .... 1 tbsp
Pav bhaji masala ... 2 tbsps
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds .......... 1 tbsp
Mint leaves .. few
Coriander leaves .. handful
Green chillies .. 2-3 finely chiopped
Salt .... to taste
Oil ... to fry
1. Boil the potatoes, mash them and let them cool.
2. Chop the vegetables finely and boil them. Strain and let them cool.
3. Dry roast the oats in a pan and set aside.
4. Mix all the ingredients together (except the oil ). Make sure everything is cold before mixing.
5. Shape into cutlets and sprinkle bread crumbs on them.
6. Shallow fry or deep fry them.
7. If you are deep frying them, make a thin mixture of 2 tbsps maida and 1 tbsp of corn flour (corn starch) with 2 cups water, dip the cutlets in it and then fry them to avoid breaking.The mix should be watery
Note: You can skip the corn starch and increase the quantity of bread crumbs. Corn starch helps in binding. You can also replace it with arrowroot powder.
Healthy n tasty... YumReplyDelete
healthy cutlet.. bookmarked it to tryReplyDelete
Thank u ShabbuDelete
very nice shobha :) healthy cutlets :) loving the heart shapeReplyDelete
Thanks for liking MonuDelete
this looks so good... would love to try this...ReplyDelete
So delicious and very tempting cutlets..ReplyDelete
Thank you PriyaDelete