This is another palak preparation in Sindhi Cuisine. Some call it Nijji Palak. Unlike sai bhaji in this we do not add any dal or vegetables. It is made plain with little onion and garlic tadka.
Spinach / palak ... 1 bunch
Onion ... 1 small (chopped finely)
Green chillies .. 2-3
Ginger ... 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic... 1 tbsp ( chopped or crushed coarsely for tadka / tempering )
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1/2 tsp
Salt ........ to taste
Cumin seeds ... 1 tsp
Oil or desi ghee .. 2-3 tbsps
1. Clean the palak leaves well and cut them
2. In a pan heat oil or ghee and tip in the cumin seeds.
3. When they crackle, add the ginger and green chillies.
4. Now add the onion and saute for a minute.
5. Add the spinach and coriander, turmeric powders. Add salt carefully as this sabzi reduces a lot in quantity.
6. Simmer it to cook. No need to add any water as the spinach leaves water and it will be enough to cook.
7. Once the sabzi is cooked and the water is dried up heat a little ghee in a small pan and saute the crushed garlic and make it golden brown.
8. Mix it to the prepared sabzi and mash a little with the spoon to mix well.
This is usually made in Satai / Satam with mitho lolo. It also goes well with jowar or bajre ki roti.