Here is a tricolour pizza that I made on the occasion of our Independence day.I have used carrots, radish (mooli) and green capsicum (bell pepper) for the topping. Since it is for the Independence day menu I have given a little Indian touch by flavouring with roasted and crushed cumin seeds and dry mint.
To make the dough:
Flour ... 2 cups
Yeast ... 1 tsp
Sugar .. 1 tsp
Salt .... 1/2 tsp
Olive oil ... 1 tbsp
1. Take luke warm water in a bowl and tip in the sugar without mixing.
2. Sprinkle the yeast on top and leave it for a few minutes until it becomes frothy.
3. Now take the flour in a big bowl and add salt and olive oil.
4. Stir in the yeast and knead the dough adding a little water if required.
5. Place it in a greased bowl covered in a warm place until it raises to double the size.
Meanwhile make the sauce:
Tomato ... 1 large
Chilli sauce .. 1 tbsp
Salt ... to taste
Oregano .. 1/2 tsp
Oil ... 1 tbsp
1. Blanch the tomato and peel the skin. Puree it.
2. In a pan add oil and saute the tomato puree until thick
3. temper it with salt, chilli sauce and oregano.
You may add a little sugar or tomato ketchup if you like.
Carrot ... 8-10 thin round slices
Radish ... 8-10 thin round slices
Green capsicum .. 2-3 small slices
Cheese ...... 3 tbsps (grated)
Dry mint or Oregano .... 1 tsp
Roasted and crushed cumin seeds - 1 tsp
To make the pizza:
1. Take out the risen dough and knead it to a smooth texture.
2. Roll it to make a round shape.
3. Spread the prepared sauce evenly.
4. Place the carrots on the outer circle, then the radish slices and the capsicum in the middle.
5. Sprinkle the cheese and oregano on top.
6. Leave it for 10 minutes until it is risen.
7. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 12 - 15 minutes.
Note: The time and temperature depends on the type of oven used. Check it out.