Festive season is here and we have so many friends and relatives visiting us. Here is a nice appetizer / snack to serve along with many other goodies. Crispy corn cutlets stuffed with paneer and dry fruits, coated with oats for crunchiness is perfect for the occasion.
Corn kernels .... 2 cups
Boiled and mashed potato... 1 cup
Ginger paste ..... 1 tsp
Garlic paste .... 1 tsp
Green chilli paste .. 1 tsp
Milk ............... 1/2 cup
Salt .............. to taste
Roasted and crushed oats ... 1-2 tbsps
Kasoori methi powder .... 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder .... 1/2 tsp
Oil .... for frying
For the stuffing:
Crumbled paneer .. 1/2 cup
Raisins .......... 1 tbsp (chopped)
Almonds ........ 1 tbsp (chopped)
Pistachios ....... 1 tbsp (chopped)
Cashew nuts ..... 1 tbsp (chopped)
Salt ................ to taste
White pepper ... 1/4 tsp (optional)
(Mix everything together)
Oats ..... 1/2 cup or as needed
Flour ..... 1 tbsp
Corn starch .. 1 tbsp
1. Grind the corn kernels coarsely adding milk.
2. In a pan heat a tbsp of oil and add the ginger garlic paste.
3. Saute and add the green chilli paste and corn paste. Cook it stirring continuously until it becomes thick. It takes about 5 minutes. Season with salt, roasted cumin powder and crushed kasoori methi.
4. Allow it to cool. Now mix the boiled and mashed potato, roasted and crushed oats for binding. Check the salt.
5. Now take a small portion of this dough and flatten it. Place a little dry fruit and paneer mix and seal it well. Make all the cutlets similarly in an oval or any other shape you like.
6. Mix the flour and corn starch with half cup milk or water to make a thin slurry.
7. Take the oats in a flat plate.
8. Dip the prepared cutlets in the flour slurry and coat them with oats.
9. Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets until golden brown.
10. Serve with any sauce of your choice.