Here is a simple and delicious recipe of pull apart pizza monkey bread. The name sounds weird isn't it. It is simply called monkey bread because we don't cut it with a knife but just pull out small pieces and relish it.. I had seen this on the show "Mummy Ka Magic" on Food Food channel and wanted to try it out sometime. And look at the coincidence, this month in our group- "Shhhh Cooking Secretly" the theme chosen was "Baked". We are paired with another blogger who gives us 2 secret ingredients.
My partner for the month is Sujata Shukla. She blogs at, "Pepper On Pizza" She is a Chartered Accountant by profession and also a passionate foodie. Check out her blog for Indian as well as Global recipes. The two ingredients given to me were Cheese and Rosemary.
Flour / Maida .... 2 cups
Dry yeast ................. 1 tsp
Sugar .................. 1 tsp
Salt ..................... 1/2 tsp
Olive oil .. 2 tbsps
Basil leaves ........ few
Rosemary leaves .. few (optional)
Red bell peppers ... 1/4 cup (diced finely)
Olives ............. few
Cheese ............ 1/4 cup + extra for topping (grated)
For the sauce:
Tomatoes .... 2 (blanched)
Garlic ......... 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce ... 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup .... 1 tbsp
Basil ......... few leaves (tear with hands)
Pizza seasoning .. 1 tsp
Olive oil .. 1 tbsp
Salt .......... to taste
To make the pizza sauce:
1.Heat oil in a pan, Saute the garlic and add the basil leaves, blanched and diced tomatoes.
2. Stir in the sauces mentioned in the list. Season with salt and pizza seasoning. Simmer until done.
3. Set aside to cool.
To make the Monkey bread:
1. Take the flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the sugar and dry yeast. Add the salt and oil on the sides.
2. Knead the dough using lukewarm water. Knead it well for 5 minutes. Place it in a covered bowl until it rises and doubles up.
3 Now take the dough on the kitchen platform. Knock out the air bubbles. Flatten it with the help of a rolling pin. Spread the diced bell peppers and olives.
4. Knead it well to mix all the ingredients.
5. It might be a little sticky but don't panic..you can apply some oil to your hands while working on it.
6. Divide the dough into small portions.
8. Grease a ring mould or a Bundt pan. Place the prepared dough balls randomly.
10. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 250 C for about 22 to 25 minutes or until done. The time and temperature may vary a little depending on the size of the oven.
11. When they are done, demould the monkey bread and spoon a little pizza sauce , grate cheese over it while it is hot so that the cheese melts a little. Garnish with basil leaves, rosemary leaves and sprinkle some pizza seasoning over it.
Pin for later