This was the bread of the month chosen in our baking group "We Knead to Bake" by Niv Mani. It is a simple savoury bread made with pizza dough and topping rolled inside with some cheese and herbs for flavouring. You can enjoy it for breakfast or as a snack.
Here goes the recipe...
For the Dough:
All purpose flour / maida .... 2 cups
Instant dry yeast ................. 1 tsp ( or one cube of freash yeast)
Sugar .................................. 1 and 1/2 tsp
Salt ..................................... 1 tsp
Olive oil ............................ 2 tbsps
Dry pizza herbs .............. 1 tsp (optional)
1. Take the flour in a flat vessel . Make a well in the middle and sprinkle the yeast. Add sugar. The salt and 1 spoon of olive oil should be added on the sides. Add some pizza herbs if you like. (The salt should not come in contact with the yeast ).
2.Take luke-warm water and knead the dough starting from the middle portion and gradually mix everything.
3. Using a little more olive oil knead the dough well for 2-3 minutes.
4. Oil a dish and place the dough in it well covered in a warm place to rise. It takes about one hour. In winters it may take longer.
For the Sauce:
Tomatoes ... 4-5
Garlic ......... 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce .. 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup .. 1 tsp
Oregano / basil ... 1 tsp
Salt ........... to taste
Olive oil .... 2 tbsps
Grated cheese for the topping ( I have used mozarella and parmesan in equal quantities)
1. Heat oil in a pan and saute the garlic.
2. Add the blanched and chopped tomatoes and simmer to cook.
3.Add the sauces and tempering. Set aside to cool.
Now proceed to make the Pizza Swirl Bread:
2. Spread out the pizza sauce leaving the edges..
3. Sprinkle the herbs and grated cheese
4. Roll it carefully into a long roll.
5. Taking the two ends twist the roll.
6. Place it in a greased loaf tin.
7. Leave it covered for about 30 - 45 mins or until it is double in size. Brush a little olive oil on the surface.
8. Bake it in the pre-heated oven at 180 C (350 F) for about 35 - 40 minutes or until done. The time may vary a little depending on the type and size of the oven used for baking.
9. Allow the bread to cool before slicing it.
Recipe Credits - Niv Mani @ Food 52
I just made mine again today, with slightly better results. I love the bread as it just tastes amazing with pizza flavours.ReplyDelete
I loved it too.. good one for breakfastDelete
What a great recipe - looks really tastyReplyDelete
I would call this 2 in 1 treat ..Pizza cum bread .. the sauce feels so aromatic and flavorful !ReplyDelete
True Priya. Double mazaaDelete
Delicious and flavourful. Loved the idea of pizza and bread. I always prefer homemade sauce for pizza and loved your sauce recipe too.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking Priya. Home made sauce definitely is a better choice as it has no preservativesDelete
Lovely bake, looks so flavoursome. I am yet to try my hand at baking these.ReplyDelete
Must try Jayashree.Delete