Matar ki sabzi made with fresh methi and malai tastes awesome. You can add khoya also to make it more richer, but I prefer adding a little paneer chena. This way it is much lighter. This goes very well with naans and tandoori rotis.
Matar / green peas ..... 150 gms ( I have used the frozen ones)
Onion ...... 1 small
Methi ..... 2-3 small bunches (1 cup)
Coriander leaves .. 1/2 cup
Cashew nuts ... 6-7
Garlic .... 1 tsp
Ginger ... 1 tsp
Green chillies ... 3-4
Cream ....... 2 tbsps
Paneer chena ... 2 tbsps
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1/2 tsp
Salt .... to taste
Oil .... 3-4 tbsps
1. Slice the onion and boil it with 1 cup water. Also add the cashew nuts to it.
2. Grind them to a smooth paste and set aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil and saute the ginger garlic paste and add the methi and coriander leaves.
4. Stir fry for a minute and add the green peas, green chillies, salt and the spices. Pour 1 cup water and simmer to cook.
5. When it is almost done, stir in the ground paste and paneer and simmer for some time.
6. Just before removing from the gas stir in the cream and give one boil.
The consistency of the gravy depends on how you like it. Add water accordingly.