This is a very easy chicken recipe, a best option when you are short of time and yet you can cook some tasty dish. The onion is optional but I add it because the gravy comes out nice and thick. Use the pressure cooker if you don't have much time but it tastes better when simmered on low flame. This dish can be made with or without oil. For making without oil you just mix everything and cook.
Chicken .. 250 gms
Onion ..... 1 large (1 cup chopped finely)
Tomato .... 1
Garlic .... 1 tsp (crushed)
Ginger ... 1 tsp (grated)
Yogurt ... 1 cup
Green chilies .. 1-2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Mint leaves ... few
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Oil ... 1 tbsp
Black cardamom .. 1
Green cardamoms ... 2-3
Cinnamon stick .... 1 inch piece
Cloves ........ 3-4
Bay leaf ... 1
1. Clean the chicken.
2. Mix together all the ingredients in the 1st list except oil. ( preferably mix refrigerate for few hours)
3. Heat 1 tbsp. of oil and add the whole spices.
4. Add the other ingredients and mix well.
5. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. It cooks in its own juices and curd.. so no need to add water.
6. Open the cooker and cook to adjust the gravy according to your preference.
7. If you are using the slow-cook method, then just put all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed pan and simmer until done.
Looks absolutely delicious! So flavourful! I just need some parathas right now. :)ReplyDelete
this is really easy but I believe addition of curd will give a lovely flavour to itReplyDelete
Delicious dahi chicken. Love it.ReplyDelete
Wow so quick, easy n tempting...ReplyDelete
Looks delish..feel like digging into it.ReplyDelete
All yours divya.. most welcomeDelete