Phool Patasha / makhanas - 2 cups
Macrolyun / macaroni ....... 1/2 cup
Onion ......... 1 ( grated )
Tomatoes .... 2 -3
Garlic .... 1 tsp
Ginger ... 1 tsp
Coriander leaves .. handful
Cumin seeds .. 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder .. 1 tsp
Cumiin powder ...... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/2 tsp or more
Salt .......... to taste
Oil ......... 3-4 tbsps
1. Boil water and add a little salt and oil. Tip in the macaroni and after one or two boils switch off the gas. Cover the lid and leave it. After half an hour you can see the macaroni is puffed up and ready for use.
2. In a pan add a little oil and saute the ginger garlic and the grated onion until translucent.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and half a cup of water and simmer to cook.
4. Grind it with a hand grinder or mixie.
5.In a pan take the remaining oil and add the cumin seeds.
6. When they crackle add the onion tomato paste and the spice powders and salt.
7. Put the phool patashas / makhanas and saute a little. Add one cup water.( or more if you like more gravy)
8. Strain the macaroni and add it also. Stir carefully. Simmer a little.
9. Finally stir in the chopped coriander leaves.
This should be served immediately if possible. Otherwise the makhanas soak up the gravy and become mushy.