This is another popular Chinese snack after spring roll... These bite sized crispy wontons can be made with veg or non veg filling and served with the spicy home made dipping sauce to go with them.
Wonton wraps .. 1 pkt. (To make wraps at home refer to the spring rolls recipe. Cut them into squares )
Capsicum ..... 1 small
Mushrooms .... 5-6
Carrot ............. 1 small
Baby corn ....... 5-6
Cabbage .......... 1/2 cup
Celery ............. 2-3 tbsps.
White flour ...... 2-3 tbsps.(to make paste)
Soy sauce ........ 1 tbsp.
Garlic paste ...... 1 tbsp.
Ginger paste .... 1 tsp.
Ajinomoto ....... a pinch
Salt ................ to taste
1. Cut all the vegetables very finely.
2. Heat a tablespoon of oil and add the ginger garlic paste and saute.
3. Add the finely chopped vegetables and stir fry. Add salt, ajinomoto, soy sauce and stir fry till the water is dry. Keep the flame high as the vegetables have to remain crunchy ...do not over cook.Let the mixture cool.
4. Now add 1/4 cup water to the white flour and mix well. Cook it on low flame stirring continuously to make a paste to seal the wontons.( white sauce consistency)
5. Take a wonton wrapper, put a little mixture in the centre and apply paste to the edges. Close it like a triangle.
6. Now take the 2 edges and secure them overlapping each other and stick with the paste.
Deep fry and serve immediately with wonton sauce.
To make wonton sauce:
Garlic paste ..... 1 tsp.
Vegetable filling ... 2 tbsp.
Chilli sauce .......... 1 tsp.
Soy sauce ............ 1tbsp.
Tomato sauce ..... 1 tbsp.
Corn flour ........... 1 tsp.
Salt ..... to taste.
Oil ........ 1 tsp.
Heat oil in a small pan. Stir fry the garlic and add the filling mix. Stir in the sauces and salt.
Add a little water to the corn flour and add to the sauce stirring it continuously.The sauce should not be too thick.
Wow.. looks different for me, its like samosas..! Yum!ReplyDelete
Ya somewhat similar to Bori Samosas...but they are yummy with this sauce..actually we could also use the chicken filling and also make chicken wonton soup.Delete
One of my favorites! I want a few with your dipping sauce, yum!ReplyDelete
All yours :)Delete
Wontons looks yummy and resemble samosas as mentioned by Sanghi.ReplyDelete
Event: Kid's Delight
Event: Only Vegan
Thanks for likingDelete
These look super delicious and so very tasty.ReplyDelete
Thanks for the complimentDelete
These wontons look really yum. Good presentation, sauce looks goodReplyDelete
Thank u so muchDelete
I love wontons and your recipe is simple and easy to make too.I will book mark and try.ReplyDelete
Sure Nayna.. you will really love themDelete
I never knew wantons were so easy to make. I will be trying them soon.ReplyDelete
Wow.. Dannii.. so glad to know thatDelete