Palak / spinach .... 1 bunch
Bea / beeha ....... 10-12 slices
Onion ..... 1
Tomato ..... 1
Green chillies ... 2-3
Ginger ...... 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic .... 1 tsp ( crushed) - you can add more too . It tastes better.
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder ...... 1 tsp
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Oil .... 3-4 tbsps
1. Scrape the bea (lotus stem) wash well and cut slanting slices. Boil adding salt preferably in a pressure cooker.
2. Chop the palak and wash it well.
3. In a pan add oil and saute the sliced onion until translucent.
4. Add the ginger, garlic, green chillies and tomato. Saute until tomato is cooked.
5. Now add the palak, salt and the dry spice powders mentioned.
6. Simmer it adding a little water until half done.
7. Now tip in the lotus stem slices and add a little water if needed.
8. Cook on very low flame stirring occasionally.
Tip: If you like the garlic flavour add a tadka of crushed garlic with a pinch of red chilli powder in the end before serving. It gives good colour and taste.
Ongoing event Teacher's Favorite Dish
Ongoing event Party & Giveaway
Wow I have learned one more dish of lotus stem that's too good..ReplyDelete
Thanks dear.. hope you will make these dishesDelete
I really love your blog. Just wanted to say Thank You for sharing your recipes with us. When I miss home food or my mom and sister are not available to provide any sindhi recipes, I always look at a recipe on your blog, and try it out!
Please keep blogging with the same spirit!
So happy to hear that you like Sindhi food and try out from my blog..:)Delete
yummy and deliciousONGOING EVENT :SYS EVENT - BEETROOT & SPINACHReplyDelete
Never tried this before,healthy yummy dishReplyDelete
very nice combo and looks super yummy :) love to have them with phulkas !!ReplyDelete
Never heard this before.....Love this texture......ReplyDelete
Never cooked with lotus stems before!! Looks interesting!!ReplyDelete
Must try ShaziaDelete
I have never cooked with this vegetable, it sounds tasty.ReplyDelete
Yes it is nice and different.. must tryDelete
looks so yummyReplyDelete