This is a side dish from South Indian Cuisine. Simple and healthy preparation. There is very little oil used only for tempering.
Beans .. 200 gms.
Chana dal ... 1/4 cup
Baking powder .. a pinch
Cumin seeds ... 1
Dry red chillies .. 1
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Salt .. to taste
Mustard seeds ... 1 tsp
Dry red chillies ... 1
Curry leaves .. few
Asafoetida .... a pinch
Oil .......... 1 tbsp
1. Wash the beans and cut them into small pieces. Boil them adding salt. Drain and set aside.
2. Soak the chana dal for 2-3 hours.
3. Grind the chana dal coarsely adding salt, cumin seeds, dry red chilli.
4. Steam this batter using idli cooker or in a microwave for 5 minutes.(place the smaller dish containing ground urad dal in a bigger dish with water )
5. Remove and let it cool. Crumble it with hand or using the grater.
6. Heat oil in a pan and add the tempering ingredients.
7. When they crackle, add the crumbled dal and beans.
8. Add the turmeric powder, a little salt if needed (you already have added salt in the beans and chana dal)
9. Toss everything together.
Love all kinds of beans, gotta give this one a try, thanks for sharing Sobha :-)ReplyDelete
Must try this .. thanksDelete
WOW Shobhaji, how do u do this? Simple recipe with a twist..Amazing:)ReplyDelete
This is aa South Indian recipe .. love it a lotDelete
looks soooo yummy n delicious...ReplyDelete
Love to finish that whole plate rite now,irresistible usili.ReplyDelete
Most welcome PriyaDelete
Wow my favorite one dearReplyDelete
Mine too AkilaDelete
My favorite side dish of all times !!! Love it :)ReplyDelete
Same here AvikaDelete
delicious and perfect side dish..thanks for linking with us.ReplyDelete