This is a rich party dish.. perfect when you are entertaining. It is very mild in spices as well and definitely a kids delight. You can serve it with naans, rotis, parathas.. goes well with everything.
Paneer .. 200 gms (cut into cubes)
Green peas ..... 1 cup (boiled)
Onion ... 1 large ( boil and blend it)
Cashewnuts .. 1/2 cup (soak and grind to paste)
Cream ..... 3-4 tbsps
Salt .... to taste
White pepper .. 1 tsp
Cumin powder . 1tsp
Turmeric powder .. 1/8 tsp (optional)
Chopped nuts .. for garnishing.
Oil or ghee .. as needed
1. Boil the onion adding 1 cup water. Cool it and grind to a paste.
2. Cut the paneer into cubes and fry them lightly.
3. Heat oil or ghee in a pan and saute the onion paste adding salt, turmeric and cumin powder.
4. Tip in the green peas and chilli powder.
5. Add the cashewnut paste and 1 cup water. (or little more if you want to have more gravy)
6. Let it simmer for half a minute. Now add the paneer pieces and stir carefully.
7. After simmering for a minute, add the cream and mix very gently without breaking the paneer pieces.
Garnish with chopped nuts and a spoonful of cream before serving.