Preparing any broccoli dish brings back memories of my dear friend Sudha . I tasted broccoli in her house for the first time.We were neighbours and had the opportunity to taste each other's dishes practically every day. She always enjoyed my food and I'm sure she would love these cutlets too specially because they are pan-fried as she is always health conscious.
Potatoes ... 2 -3
Broccoli .... 2 cups (break into florets)
Bread crumbs ... 3-4 tbsps
Garlic .......... 1 tsp
Green chillies .. 2 (chopped finely)
Coriander leaves .. handful
Crushed cumin seeds .. 1 tsp
Salt .......... to taste
1. Boil the potatoes, peel and mash them.
2.Boil the broccoli florets in salt water for one minute.Drain them.
3. Heat a little oil and add garlic. Saute and add the broccoli. Stir fry and simmer to cook.
4. Mash the broccoli coarsely and add the mashed potato, salt, coriander leaves, crushed cumin seeds and bread crumbs.( You may add any other masalas or amchoor powder if you like )
5. Mix well and make the cutlets of any shape.
6. Pan-fry the cutlets with little oil in a non-stick frying pan.