I came across this interesting pulao recipe made with soup in Meena's blog - Homely Food
I made some extra soup today for lunch so that I could use the rest to try out this pulao.
Rice .... 1 cup
Mixed vegetables .. 1/2 cup (use any vegetables of your choice)
Tomato soup ... 1/2 cup
Tomato puree ... 1 tbsp (optional)
Onion ...... 1 small
Cardamoms .... 1-2
Cloves .......... 3-4
Cinnamon stick .. 1 small piece
Bay leaf ....... 1-2
Red chilli powder .. 1/4 tsp (add more if you like)
Shah jeera or Caraway seeds ... 1/2 tsp
Salt ..... to taste
Ghee / oil ..... 3-4 tbsps
1. Wash and soak the rice.
2. In a pan heat 2 tbsps oil and saute the onion.
3. Add the vegetables, salt and spice powders and cook till almost done.
4. In a pan add the remaining oil. Tip in the cloves, cardamoms, bay leaf, cinnamon and caraway seeds.
5. Now add the rice and fry for half a minute. Add the soup and a spoon of tomato puree if you want nice red colour.
6. Add one and half cups water + (half cup soup makes 2 cups) Bring to a boil.
7. Add salt if needed and simmer to cook until almost done.
8. Stir in the vegetables and keep it for dum on low flame. ( Preferably place the pan on a griddle/tawa)
Serve with raita / papads.