We have all learnt from our elders not to waste anything in the kitchen. How innovative they were in creating tasty dishes even from the peels of various vegetables. Today I have made karela peels puris for the potluck event at Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey.
Wheat flour .. 1 cup (or more as required)
Karela peels ... 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
Crushed cumin seeds .. 1/2 tsp
Green chillies ......... 1-2 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves ..1-2 tbsps ( finely chopped )
Turmeric powder .... 1/8 tsp
Yogurt ...... for kneading the dough (optional )
Salt ....... to taste
1. In a pan heat a little oil . Tip in the Finely chopped karela peels and stir fry them.
2. Add the green chillies, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, crushed cumin seds and salt to taste.
3. Saute until the karela peels are cooked.
4. Add them to the wheat flour and knead to a soft dough adding enough water or yogurt.
5. Roll out into small puris and deep fry them.
Can be served with any curry , dal or even relished with dahi and pickles.
Potluck Party @ Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey