Simple cool and healthy Spinach raita....
Spinach / palak .... 1 big bunch ( about 3 cups finely chopped)
Green chillies .. 1-2 (crushed or chopped very finely)
Yogurt ........... 5-6 cups
Salt ........ to taste
Sugar .... 1/2 tsp (optional)
Roasted and ground cumin seed powder ... 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds .. 1 tsp
Asafoetida .... a pinch
Oil ... 2 tbsps.
1. Wash the spinach leaves and cut them very finely.
2. In a pan heat one tbsp oil and saute the spinach for 2-3 minutes adding a little salt and crushed green chillies. Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk the yogurt adding a little salt, cumin powder and sugar (if you like it slightly sweeter taste)
4. Mix the sauteed spinach. Add a little water if you want a thinner consistency.
5. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add the asafoetida and mustard seeds.
6. When they crackle, add the tempering to the raita.
Note: You can also add chaat masala if you like.
healthy raita.. Looks yum! I have this in my draft tooReplyDelete
Easy to doReplyDelete
..healthy and tasty
Thanks a lotDelete