Sometimes you wish to eat a lighter food specially after the week-end indulgence. This is a perfect dish to try with very simple and light marination and grilled to perfection.
Fish ..... 2 fillets
(select a boneless variety and thin flat fillets)
Lemon juice .... 2 tbsps
Garlic ........ 1 tsp
Salt .............. to taste
Black pepper .. 1/2 tsp
Dried basil ....... 1 tsp
For the dressing:
Tomato .... 1 medium
Fresh basil ... handful
Olive oil ..... 2-3 tbsps
White wine .... 1/4 cup (optional)
Salt ........ to taste
1. Clean the fish fillets and marinate them with the ingredients given in the list.
2. Pre-heat the oven and place the fillets in a greased foil in a baking tray.
3. Bake the fish until done. It takes around 15 - 20 minutes.( time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the fish fillet )
4. Meanwhile prepare the dressing. Heat a little olive oil in a pan and add finely chopped tomato.
5. Temper with salt and tip in the chopped basil leaves and stir.
6. Pour the wine and boil it to reduce.
7. Remove the grilled fish in a serving plate and spoon the dressing on top.