This is a great source of vegetable protein, specially for vegetarians.
Soya nuggets .... 2 cups
Onion .......... 1 large (1 cup sliced)
Tomato ...... 1
Ginger ...... 1 tsp grated
Garlic ..... 1 tsp (crushed)
Green chillies ... 2
Tomato puree ... 2-3 tbsps
Yogurt .......... 4-5 tbsps
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1 tsp
Cumin powder ....... 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala ........ 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves ... handful.
Salt ...... to taste
Oil ...... 3-4 tbsps
1. Soak the nuggets in hot water until they become double the size.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion to golden brown.
3. Add the tomato, ginger, garlic, green chillies and half cup water. Simmer to cook.
4. Mash the onion. Squeeze out the water from the nuggets.
5. In a pressure cooker, add a little oil and the spice powders (on low flame taking care not to burn the spices.)
6. Add the mashed onion paste, tomato puree and the nuggets and stir fry for a minute.
7. Add sufficient water to cook and close the cooker, Cook for 2-3 whistles.
8. Open the cooker after a few minutes. Stir in the whisked yogurt and coriander leaves.
9. Bring it to a boil and simmer for half a minute.
Keep the consistency of the gravy as per your preference and add water accordingly. You may cook it in a pan too. You will have to add more water and simmer to cook for a longer time.
Pin for later
You may also like:
Soya Nuggets Curry with Coconut (Kerala Style)
Curry looks yummy :)ReplyDelete
Thanks Shobha ji for linking it to both my events :)
Really yummy curry...ReplyDelete
Curry looks yummy and clourful.ReplyDelete
This soya curry looks delicious! My version is slightly different. Will try you way soon.ReplyDelete
protein rich curryReplyDelete
Love this..looks delicious ..ReplyDelete