This is a traditional chicken cooked in rich and creamy gravy. Perfect dish to serve in a party.
Chicken ... 250 gms (preferably boneless)
Cinnamon .... 1" piece
Bay leaves ..... 1-2
Black Cardamoms .. 1
Slivered almonds .. for garnishing.
Lemon Juice ... 2-3 tbsps
Turmeric powder ... 1/8 tsp
Garam masala powder ..1/2 tsp
Salt .... to taste
Onion .... 1
Ginger ... 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic ..... 1 tsp (crushed)
Red Chilli powder ... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder .. 1/2 tsp
Tomato puree... 1 tbsp (optional)
Cashew nuts .... 7-8
Cream .......... 2-3 tbsps
Salt ....... to taste
Oil .... as needed
1. Clean and cut the chicken into cubes.
2. Marinate them with the ingredients mentioned in the marination list.
3. Meanwhile prepare the gravy.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onion to golden brown colour.
5. Add the ginger garlic and saute. Tip in the cashew nuts and half cup water. Simmer.
6. Grind this to a puree..
7. Heat oil in a pan and add the cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaves. Add the marinated chicken cubes and saute. Add the tomato puree and simmer to cook in its own water.
8. If needed you can add a little water to cook it until three-fourths done.
9. Now add the ground paste and the mentioned spice powders. Check the salt and add if needed.
10. Finally stir in the cream and give one boil.
11. garnish with almonds before serving.