Bread slices .. as many required.
For the Topping :
Capsicums / Bell peppers .... red & green
Basil leaves .......... 3-4
Cheese .. grated
For the Sauce:
Tomatoes ... 1-2
Garlic ......... 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce .. 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup .. 1 tsp
Oregano / basil ... 1 tsp
Salt ........... to taste
Olive oil .... 2 tbsps
2. Add the blanched and chopped tomatoes and simmer to cook.
3.Add the sauces and tempering. Set aside to cool.
1. Cut the capsicums and freash basil leaves into fine pieces.
2. Cut out the desired shape from the bread slices. I have just cut rounds. If you are making for kids they would love different shapes.
3. Spread a spoonful of the prepared sauce on each slice.
4. Spread the chopped capsicums and basil leaves.
5. Top the slices with grated cheese and sprinkle a little dry basil.
6. Grill them and serve hot.
The cuttings from the bread can be used to make :