Fruit pizza is a very easy dessert to make and looks so decorative too. Usually it is made with cookie dough (APF) and is frosted with cream cheese which makes it a high calorie dessert.This version is wholesome and healthy. I have used oats and wholewheat flour crust which is topped with banana flavoured Greek yogurt and peanut butter blended together.
(For the Crust)
Oats .... 3/4 cups
Wholewheat flour... 1 and 1/2 cups
Flax seeds (ground) ... 1 tbsp
Walnuts (crushed).... 3 tbsps
Olive oil or vegetable oil .... 1/3 cup
Vanilla essence ... few drops
Baking powder ...1 and 1/2 tsps
Cinnamon powder..... 1/2 tsp
Applesauce .. 1/2 cup
Eggs .... 1
Brown sugar ... 3/4 cup
(For the Frosting)
Greek Yogurt .... 2 cups (plain or flavoured)
Peanut butter... 1/4 cup
Honey .. as needed
Colourful fruits like Kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, red currants, oranges and bananas (use anything available)
1. To make the crust, whisk together the eggs, oil and sugar.
2. Add the oats, flour, flaxseeds, walnuts, vanilla essence, applesauce, baking powder, cinnamon powder.
3. Stir with a wooden spoon to mix everything.
4. To make the frosting mix together the greek yogurt, peanut butter and honey for sweetening. Refrigerate it until use.
5. Line a pizza pan with butter paper and grease it. Spoon the prepared batter evenly.
6. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C (360 F) for about 15 minutes until the crust is done.
7. Allow it to cool. Place a plate over it and upturn the crust carefully to remove the butter paper. Place it in a serving platter.
8. Spread the chilled frosting with the help of a spatula.
9. Garnish with colourful fruits of your choice.